Sponsoring Agency: DIY4U
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
The DIY4U Open Innovation Call is an opportunity to be involved in an innovative project to develop and promote decentralised customer-centric product design & production approaches for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCGs). The DIY4U project enables consumers to collaborate with manufacturers to design and create personalised FMCGs, through the DIY4U Digital Platform and Fablabs (small scale manufacturing demonstration facilities).
This Open Innovation Call aims to select and fund suitable proposals covering the development of additional digital functionalities for the DIY4U platform. These additional functionalities will enhance and extend the existing platform, supporting the innovative nature of the DIY4U approach.
The objective of the DIY4U project is to deliver an end to end digitally supported supply chain, enabling personalization of FMCG products through an Open Innovation (OI) Digital B2B/B2C Platform & Fablab.
The purpose of this Open Call is to improve the DIY4U ecosystem by adding several extensions that can increase the innovation level of the project and help the consortium to deliver a product that is closer to the market. These extensions will enhance the Open Innovation Digital Platform through two dimensions:
• Make stakeholders’ interactions smoother and easier by using AI and DLT technologies.
• Improve efficiency of processes by adding planning and monitoring layers.
The project team have identified four topics looking for applications:
• Sales Virtual Assistant
• Decentralized Payment
• Supply Chain Planning
• Monitoring Performance
Why Should You Get Involved?
The Open Innovation Call is open for SMEs who are working within the FMCG field. Applying for this call will provide you with an opportunity to develop and demonstrate your technology / product. Additionally, the call will give you the chance to work with other technology providers demonstrating real life applications of key innovative digital technologies such as DLT, digital twins & simulation, machine learning and many more.
The opportunity will provide the winner and runners up of the call, exposure for your organisation to be recognised within other EU consortia, digital companies and major FMCG companies.
Being part of the DIY4U call allows you to be part of this exciting innovative project exploring the capacity and competitiveness through decentralized customer-centric production approaches, by promoting the adoption of Open Innovation (OI) digital platform.
Open call scope
The DIY4U Ecosystem has the following components:
• DIY4U Platform – The core set of functionalities that are available for the end user via a single secure entry point. The platform is being built using a micro-service oriented framework.
• DIY4U Data-Transfer layer – A critical component that acts as a data router between the services available to the user and an enterprise blockchain infrastructure.
• DIY4U Decentralized Infrastructure – Blockchain based infrastructure to deal with the decision making process, information storage, traceability, protected intellectual property, etc.
• DIY4U Extensions – Simulations, carbon footprint calculator, price calculation, analytics, connectors for external service providers, etc.
Who should apply?
• The applicant organisation must comply with the Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) criteria defined by European Commission (EC).
• Applicants must be based in one of the EU Member States (MS), UK (MS for H2020), one of the Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to the MS of the EU, an H2020 Associated Country (AC) or one of the other countries listed on the Horizon 2020 Work Programme 2018-2020.
• Applications will not be accepted from persons or organisations that are partners in the DIY4U consortium or are formally linked in any way to the DIY4U consortium partners.
More information at: https://www.sintef.no/DIY4U-OIC/