Sponsoring Agency: DIH²
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/30/2021
Size of the Fund: USD $50,000 to $500,000
The DIH² project actively supports innovative solutions and fresh ideas that enhance manufacturing in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) through the use of robotics.
This second Open Call will select 15 consortia to participate in the second batch of this Technology Transfer Program, the main purpose of which is to test the Robotics and Automation MarketPlace (RAMP).
The DIH² goal is to establish a sustainable network of robotics DIHs, endowed with tools and procedures, to facilitate the commercialisation and broad uptake of Agile Production by Manufacturing SMEs/Slightly Bigger Companies through the RAMP B2B Marketplace.
The financial support will be distributed as follows; the maximum amount of financial support to be granted through open call will be up to EUR 248,000, distributed as follows:
• 1st Phase: EUR 3,500 EU funds per consortium participating in the Jury Day – lump sum, mini-grant.
• 2nd Phase:
o Up to EUR 200,000 EU Funds per TTE consortium selected – as a lump sum.
o Up to EUR 6,000 EU – IP&ELS Services – per TTE consortium – 2 vouchers of EUR 3,000 maximum.
• 3rd Phase: Up to EUR 38,500 per Technology Provider(s) of selected consortia – as a lump sum.
The maximum amount that an entity can get from the 5 Innovation Actions DIHero, DIH²3, RIMA, Trinity and the AGROBOT is EUR 300,000 in total. This means that any entity can apply to several of them but can only be funded with up to EUR 300,000.
• Consortia composed of Manufacturing Companies as well as Technology Providers (in both cases, only SMEs or Slightly Bigger Companies) can apply to participate in the Second Open Call. The participation of, at least, one Manufacturing Company and one Technology Provider is compulsory. The Manufacturing Company should be clearly manufacturing at least one product that is addressed by the TTE. The maximum number of partners in an applicant consortium is three, so the options are:
o 1 Manufacturing Company and 1 Technology Provider;
o 1 Manufacturing Company and 2 Technology Providers;
o 2 Manufacturing Companies and 1 Technology Provider.
• The potential beneficiaries of this Open Call are consortia composed of 2 or 3 organisations of the following types (following the base definitions set in the Glossary document):
o Manufacturing SMEs/Slightly Bigger Companies;
o Technology Providers (of the type SME/Slightly Bigger Company)
• Manufacturing company refers to a company involved in large-scale production of goods that converts raw materials, parts, and components into finished merchandise using manual labour and/or machines in a physical factory.
• SME – A company is considered as such if it complies with the EU recommendation 2003/361. For detailed information check EU recommendation. As a summary, both these criteria must apply for a company to qualify as an SME:
o Headcount in Annual Work Unit (AWU) less than 250 people;
o Annual turnover less or equal to EUR 50 million or annual balance sheet total less or equal to EUR 43 million. Note that the figures of partners and linked enterprises should also be considered as stated in the EC User Guide to the SME Definition.
• Slightly Bigger Companies – A company is considered slightly bigger than an SME if it fulfils both these criteria:
o Headcount in Annual Work Unit (AWU) is maximum of 499 people;
o The Turnover should not exceed EUR 100M or balance sheet should not exceed EUR 86M.
• Technology Provider – Any type of SME or Slightly Bigger Company specialised in technology transfer or system integration, serving the needs of end users. Examples of Technology Providers are Solution Providers and System Integrators, Platform providers, Digital Innovation Hubs Centres, etc.
More information at: http://www.dih-squared.eu/open-call