Sponsoring Agency: City of Warren
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/05/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The City of Warren is seeking applications for its Microenterprise Assistance Grant Program to provide short-term working capital assistance to existing microenterprises to enable the retention of jobs held by low to moderate income persons.
The Microenterprise Assistance Grant Program will make up to $475,000 available to help local businesses impacted by COVID-19. This program will provide grant funding to qualified microenterprises that have lost revenue or incurred additional costs as a result of COVID-19.
To qualify as a microenterprise you must be a brick and mortar business that has five (5) for fewer employees, one or more who owns the enterprise at the time of receiving assistance, and the owner(s) must have an annual household income at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI).
Qualified and eligible Microenterprise Owners will be contacted in the order of highest to lowest score. They will have 15 days to submit the additional information including the Detail of Eligible Reimbursement Costs form along with the required documentation for reimbursement. After review and determination that documentation is sufficient, staff will recommend an award amount not to exceed $10,000 per microenterprise. (NOTE: Previous awardees are not to exceed $5,000)
• Brick and mortar business in the City of Warren
• A business that has been in operation for at least one year
• Employ no more than 5 employees (including the owners) AND the owner’s household income may not exceed 80% AMI based on household size
• Business must be able to verify that they have been negatively impacted by COVID-19
• Must be a for-profit organization
• Business must have a valid Employer Identification Number (EIN)
• Business must have registered in the System for Award Management
• Business must showcase a verifiable need for working capital to support payroll, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, and/or other expenses that occur in the ordinary course of business
More information at: https://www.cityofwarren.org/government/c-e-d-development/city-of-warren-micro-enterprise-grant-program/