Sponsoring Agency: Cuero Development Corporation
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
In response to the adverse economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cuero Development Corporation has developed a COVID-19 Small Business Assistance Grant. This program provides grants up to $6,000 for businesses that have been significantly impacted by this pandemic and that generate sales tax.
This grant will focus on utilities reimbursement available for non-home based small businesses within the City of Cuero. Categories of eligible small businesses include: retail (storefront), restaurant/food business; personal care products (barber shop, nail salons, spas, etc.); art galleries and performance venue merchandising; and businesses included within the hotel/motel classification as well as RV parks within the city of Cuero. The Small Business Assistance Grant will reimburse the applicant for 75% of the applicant’s utility billing minus fees and taxes through the City of Cuero during the months of April through September of 2019 and will provide a maximum of $6,000.
• Physical and publicly accessible location in the City of Cuero.
• In good standing with the City of Cuero regarding licensing and finance, including being current on sales and tax payments.
• This business generates sales tax or is a non-sales tax producing business as outlined as a previously non-essential business in the Governor’s Executive Order to include cosmetology salons, barber shops, massage establishments, gyms, and daycare centers within the City of Cuero.
• Experienced or projected to experience a decline in revenue as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Engaged in activities that are legal under city and state law.
• Meet program technical requirements including ability to provide financial records to support grant request.
• Registered with the Texas Secretary of State’s Office.
More information at: http://www.cuerodc.com/new-application-deadline-for-covid-19-small-business-assistance-grants/