Sponsoring Agency: UWE Bristol
Type of Fund: Research and Development
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/16/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
If you are a SME based in Swindon & Wiltshire, UWE Bristol's Innovation 4 Growth (I4G) programme can help support you to innovate, to solve new challenges, and to create new employment opportunities.
Swindon & Wiltshire Innovation 4 Growth is a business support programme delivered by UWE Bristol and funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
They are looking for applications from R&D projects that will create jobs in the region by developing innovative new products, technologies, processes or services.
The I4G programme aims to assist research and development (R&D) initiatives from all sectors with grants of between £10,000 and £40,000 to fund 35% of total project costs.
• If your business has a presence in the Swindon & Wiltshire region and you intend to undertake research and development (R&D) activity that will create jobs you are likely to be eligible.
• In addition to creating jobs in the region, your project needs to be delivering one of the below areas:
o Produce a new product, technology, device, or material
o Install a new process, system, or service
o Improve substantially on those already produced or installed
o Lead to a pre-production prototype of an innovative product, service, or industrial process
• The Innovation 4 Growth (I4G) programme will contribute up to a maximum of 35% of total project costs, so you will need to be in a position to cover the remaining 65%. Your project contribution can be made up of a variety of eligible costs, including consultancy, materials, equipment and testing fees.
• Capital purchases (excluding buildings/land) and training fees are also likely to be eligible, as long as they directly relate to R&D being carried out. PAYE costs are not eligible. Note that grant funding will be paid quarterly in arrears, after the eligible invoices have been paid and a claim form submitted.
• I4G is available for small or medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and uses the European Commission's SME definition which takes into account staff numbers, turnover and relationships with other enterprises.
More information at: http://www.innovation4growth.co.uk/