The GALACTICA has opened a call for EU Startups and SME's with game-changing Solutions.
Sponsoring Agency: GALACTICA
Size of the Fund: USD $50,000 to $500,000
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/19/2021
The main goal of the GALACTICA project is to create, validate and scale-up new cross-sectoral and cross-border value chains among textile, aerospace and advanced manufacturing fields.
GALACTICA’s strategy is:
• Cultivation within an open collaboration space focused on supporting SMEs to change the mindset about digitalization and empower them to start partnerships.
• A set of dedicated grants complemented with coaching and technological vouchers to assess the feasibility and small technical tests aimed at minimum viable products of a new value chain.
• Large scale demo of the new value chain with dedicated grant for SME consortia with coaching and technological support.
• Scale-up support to leverage additional funds. GALACTICA will connect successful SMEs with private investors and other initiatives for scaling up the innovations.
• Two GALACTICA open calls for proposal will be launched during the project. Call for pioneer acceleration and orbital projects will be launched at the same time.
• The GALACTICA budget for the two calls is 2.800.000€. The budget will be distributed as described below:
o First call: 1.200.000€
o Second call: 1.600.000€
• The second call will be launched at the beginning of 2022. The maximum amount to be granted per SME by GALACTICA project shall not exceed €60.000, 00 in total even in the case of multiple granted voucher scheme types to the SME during the lifetime of GALACTICA (pioneer acceleration voucher, orbital project voucher and travel vouchers).
• Duration: 4 months project
• Number of expected funded projects: 20 projects in the 1st call
• Each interested SME can apply to one or more voucher scheme types in accordance with its needs but can only ask for the maximum financial contribution cumulatively.
Startups and SME’s can apply for two funding voucher schemes:
• Pioneer projects: The main goal is to support the exploration of new cross-sectoral value chains feasibility with focus on developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP1 ) connecting two or more of the sectors (aerospace, textile, advanced manufacturing)
• Orbital projects: implementation of functional prototypes and demonstrators for new cross sectoral value chains, connecting two or more of the sectors (aerospace, textile, advanced manufacturing), while funding the integration of non-technological innovations for speeding up market match.
• In addition, selected projects will receive a coaching and mentoring support package to accelerate their launch to market.
The target audience of GALACTICA Call for Proposal is innovative SMEs (including start-ups) active in the Textile, Aerospace & Advanced manufacturing key industries, that are established or with a branch office in one of the 27 EU member states or in the United Kingdom.
• The Call for Proposals is open to EU and UK innovative Startups and SME’s within the textile, aerospace, and/or advanced manufacturing sectors.
• Single SMEs or consortia SMEs can apply for “Pioneer projects”.
• For the “Orbital projects” it is mandatory the participation of a minimum of two SMEs.
• When two or more companies are applying within each funding scheme, it is also mandatory that those companies belong to different sectors of activity.
More information at https://galacticaproject.eu/call-for-proposals/