Sponsoring Agency: GIZ
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/27/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
This call for competition for Entrepreneurs for Rural Access is part of the Knowledge Center project on Organic Agriculture in Africa, funded by GIZ. It is part of the “A World Without Hunger” initiative of the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The Knowledge Center for Organic Agriculture (KCOA) project is implemented in all regions of Africa through knowledge hubs and partners.
The general objective of the project is to create an innovative strategy to promote organic agriculture throughout Africa.
To this end, KCOA invites the young people of Senegal to come up with innovative ideas either to create a business or to expand an existing business around the dissemination of agricultural videos through digisoft smart projectors.
• Candidate: A person or teams of up to 3 young people can submit a file
• Age: 18 to 30
• Country of residence: Reside in Senegal
They suggest that you consider the questions below and provide answers to them.
• What motivated you to bid for this Competitive Support Fund for Entrepreneurs for Rural Access
• What problems do you want to solve in your community using smart projectors and video projection
• How are you going to generate income from the smart projector that you will receive?
• Who are your targets or potential clients (projects, groups of producers, agricultural cooperatives, individual producers)?
• How many producers do you hope to reach per month in your community through video projection activities?
• What strategies will you want to use to reach the producer number mentioned above? And how do you plan to mobilize producers around video screenings?
• How are you going to reach young people and women?
• If you already have a business, how will the smart projector help add value to your business? If this is a new activity, what other activities can you associate with the activity of showing videos?
• How will you share your experiences of using the smart projector with Access Agriculture and others?
• Submissions will be reviewed by a committee of communication and agricultural and rural development experts. Candidates will be selected on the basis of the novelty and consistency of their business idea in relation to the promotion of organic farming through the videos of Access Agriculture.
• A list of preselected candidates will be established by the committee.
• Candidates shortlisted for the rest of the process will be contacted either by email or phone.
• An online interview will take place with the shortlisted candidates.
• Interviewees will be informed of the results of the interview one week after the interview.
• In total, four (04) winners will be definitively selected per country.
• The winners of this competition will have a physical meeting with the Entrepreneur Coach for Rural Access to clarify certain points regarding their commitment to Access Agriculture and vice versa before the smart projector is handed over to them.
More information at: https://www.accessagriculture.org/fr/kcoa-senegal-call