Sponsoring Agency: American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/18/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Mensch is working with JDC GRID in their efforts to grow projects in Women, Health and Agriculture in South Africa. With regards to Women's Empowerment through Income Generation, this RFP calls for projects, organisations or companies with innovative, high impact, scaleable solutions.
The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) is looking for partner organisations (NPOs, businesses or social enterprises) who have an innovative approach to creating a sustainable improvement in the livelihoods of women in South Africa, via proven income-generation programme models; and/or provide access to finance for enterprise development, which will be self-sustaining after the funding cycle ends (4-5 years).
JDC knows that women are powerful agents of social, economic and political change and that when women's' lives improve, and they have access to work opportunities, entire communities transform.
Gender inequality is a major driver of poverty globally: 70% of the 1.3 billion people in poverty worldwide are women and girls. In South Africa, women are faced with a wide range of challenges including domestic violence, child abuse, HIV/AIDS, unemployment, gender discrimination and poverty.
The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) is the world's leading Jewish humanitarian organization, working in 70 countries to lift lives and strengthen communities. JDC GRID is the disaster relief and international development arm of JDC.
• Pilot program duration: 4-5 years
• Annual Budget to leverage: USD $100,000 – $130,00 per year
Key Programme Requirements
• Increase quality of life of women
• Income-generation component
• High impact
• Projects that can incorporate innovation and/or technology are encouraged to respond.
• The organisation should be open to having members of the South African Jewish community involved in some form of voluntary engagement with the project.
• All applicants will receive a response within 4 weeks of the due date.
• Applicants may be contacted for further information or discussion.
More information at: https://hi-in.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159052223027040&set=p.10159052223027040&type=3&theater