Sponsoring Agency: Orange
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/04/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Are you an entrepreneur with an ICT solution that contributes to the socio-economic development of your country? If yes, then apply for Orange Social Venture Prize.
The Orange Social Venture Prize rewards projects or start-ups created less than three years ago that offer high-tech solutions based on mobiles or the Internet to meet the needs of the populations in Africa and the Middle-East. The Award embodies the Group’s values and commitments in the MEA region.
Since 2011, the Orange Social Venture Prize in Africa and the Middle East has been part of an approach to detect and support start-ups.
The competition starts with a national phase during which each of the 17 Orange subsidiaries taking part will examine the projects submitted in its country and nominate three winners maximum. Then there will be a second international phase in which the winners from each country, up to 54 winners in total, will compete before an international panel which will award the OSVP grand prize.
• National phase of the Competition:
o Each Project submitted will participate in the national phase of the Competition within its country of origin (the country is identified by the Participant when the Project is submitted on the Site).
o Each country organizes a national jury, which can nominate up to three (3) national winners.
• International phase of the Competition:
o The three (3) national winners will qualify automatically, without the need to resubmit their Project, for the International Grand Prix, organized by Orange MEA.
o The grand jury has the final decision on nominating the 3 prizewinners for the Orange Social Venture Prize Africa & Middle East.
• International Women’s Prize
o Projects eligible for the International Women’s Prize are identified using two filters when candidates register their Project online: the Project must be led by women or propose a technological solution to improve women’s lives. Projects that are eligible for the International Grand Prix may also qualify for the International Women’s Prize, as long as they meet the identification criteria mentioned above. The grand jury has the final decision on nominating the overall winner of the International Women’s Prize within the Orange Social Venture Prize Africa & Middle East.
For the International Grand Prix, awards are as follows:
• 1st prize: the payment of an amount of €25,000 (twenty-five thousand euro).
• 2nd prize: the payment of an amount of €15,000 (fifteen thousand euro).
• 3rd prize: the payment of an amount of €10,000 (ten thousand euro).
• For the International Women’s Prize, the award is as follows:
• The payment of an amount of €20,000 (twenty thousand euro) funded by the Group Diversity and Inclusion Department.
• Entrepreneurs over the age of 21 and start-ups operating for less than three years can qualify for the Prize.
• There are no nationality requirements.
• The projects must be implemented in one of the following countries in which Orange operates in Africa and the Middle-East, and listed in the Contest Rules.
• The eligible countries are: Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Jordan, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Tunisia.
More information at: https://startup.orange.com/en/orange-social-venture-prize/