Sponsoring Agency: ygap
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
The ygap South Africa Accelerator Program helps ventures to refine and validate their business model, move towards financial sustainability, and grow the impact that they are having in their community.
Ventures that complete the ygap South Africa Accelerator Program expand their ability to increase revenue, create employment opportunities, secure further investment, and make a real difference in the communities they operate within.
The program offers a three-day live-in accelerator followed by twelve months of tailored support including business skills development, strategy insights and mentor support, connections to international partner networks, peer learning and access to a global community of entrepreneurs.
What it looks like:
• The ventures we select begin by attending a live-in capacity building bootcamp where their business models are strengthened, they meet cohort of like-minded entrepreneurs, and they are equipped with the tools they need to grow.
• After the bootcamp and after conducting a needs-assessment, our team of local experts provide ongoing accountability and business development sessions, strategic and operations coaching, masterclasses and webinars, access to catalytic grants, on-site business development sessions, and brokered linkages to mentors, customers, advisors, and other players within the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
ygap is looking for:
Social entrepreneurs operating in South Africa, who are dedicated to creating a positive change in the lives of people living in poverty. Your business needs to be a registered business with some trading history. Businesses with a proven revenue model and have an ability to create positive change are encouraged to apply.
• Ventures that have already launched and are currently operational. In most cases, participating ventures must be formally registered and proof of this status will be required (unless this is not applicable to where your business runs).
• Ventures that are post-revenue and able to provide evidence of commercial transactions.
• Ventures that clearly recognise and desire the benefits and value of participating in the ygap program. ygap invests deeply in the ventures we support, and expect the same level of dedication and investment in participating in the ygap program.
• Ventures that have a social or environmental focus. Through the operation of the business, ventures must be working toward making their community, their city, or their country a better place.
• Ventures that are “local” to the issue they’re solving intimately connected to their community, passionate and committed, and it for the long-haul.
• Ventures that have a unique element to their business. It could be a unique product or service offering, a unique production method, or a unique business model.
More information at: https://ygap.org/southafrica/#ygapsaapply