Sponsoring Agency: Outlander
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/02/2021
Size of the Fund: USD $50,000 to $500,000
Do you have what it takes to outvision, outbrave, outperform, outsmart and outpitch the competition? If yes, then start your OutPitch 2021 application now!
Outlander, an Atlanta investment fund (hereinafter, together with its affiliates, “Outlander”) is undertaking a business venture competition called OutPitch Virtual Pitch Competition (the “Pitch”).
The purpose of the Pitch is to identify rising tech and tech-enabled startup enterprises in the Southeast U.S. and to award the winner of the Pitch $100,000.00 ($1M capped convertible promissory note) in capital investment from Outlander and access to Outlander’s network of over 250 tier-1 venture capitalists, founders, and category experts as part of Outlander’s portfolio company.
Outlander will make the following equity investment award to the grand prize winner of the Pitch:
• One award of a $100,000.00 investment in the form of a $1M capped convertible promissory note. Such promissory note will contain such terms, including a discount rate and valuation cap, as Outlander may determine in its sole, reasonable discretion.
• Mentorship from experienced investors and entrepreneurs and access to Outlander’s network of professionals.
Who can apply?
If you’re the founder of an innovative early-stage tech startup headquartered in the Southeast, you are strongly encouraged to apply!
Nature of Businesses
• The Pitch focuses on applicants that intend to become tech-focused operating companies. All types of tech companies (including hardware) are encouraged.
The following businesses are not eligible for the Pitch:
• retail businesses with brick and mortar storefronts,
• residential real property business,
• investment vehicles that invest in the securities of other entities,
• sports venues,
• gaming and gambling businesses,
• places of overnight accommodation,
• entertainment-related establishments, and
• single-purpose entertainment or event productions (e.g. movies, albums, concerts).
For this purpose, “retail business” means a business that is primarily engaged in making retail sales of goods or services to customers who personally visit such facilities to obtain goods or services. In addition, generally excluded are the following: buy-outs, roll-ups, real estate syndications, tax shelters, and franchise-based outlets. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Outlander reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to determine whether an applicant qualifies as a “tech or tech-enabled” business eligible for the Pitch.
More information at: https://www.outlanderlabs.com/outpitch