Sponsoring Agency: Youth For Public Transport (Y4PT)
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Youth For Public Transport (Y4PT) and Union Internationale des Transports Publics (UITP) are to launch the 2nd edition of their Start-up Challenge.
Y4PT/UITP are seeking innovative start-ups at different stages who will demonstrate their commitment, creativity and enthusiasm for sustainability in their application. Are you one of those innovative and creative Start-ups or Young Companies with a great ability to get the most out of limited resources? Then the call is for you.
The startups challenge takes place remotely, enabling global participation and collaboration.
Any area of action is accepted on Sustainable Mobility and Urban lifestyle but a particular focus on the following will be well perceived
• reinforcing trust and generate innovation on public safety systems, to protect low-income workers, disabled, students and other who rely on transit.
• How to reduce the number of passengers without losing money? New mapping for walking, biking and electric scooters.
• The relationship between demand and supply; how commuters might be persuaded to change their travel patterns; and the prospect of more people opting for private cars.
• How to redesign the urban lifestyle through a new mobility
• How to redesign the logistic and freight transportation
• Healthy solutions for a healthier life
An opportunity for each Mobility, and Public Transport innovative and creative entrepreneurs to learn from Y4PT/UITP knowledge, have special meetings with the best mobility sector’ actors as well as showcase your product to a wider network.
• You will have the chance to be coached and mentored for free: for one month, the Y4PT and UITP professional mentors, will coach you and you will get to pitch your ideas to the top heads of the mobility sector, network with them and receive market support.
• Social media visibility on Y4PT and UITP accounts along all the Challenge and after
• Plus receive a 2 years membership at UITP, to expand your network and participate to future events around the world
Why Should You Join?
UITP is the global network of mobility stakeholders and has more than 1800 members in 100 countries, worldwide. Y4PT has the knowledge on how to bring you forward on your idea, MVP, prototype or product and the network of young people and universities worldwide.
What Will You Get
• Mentorship and learning from Senior executives in leading companies
• Connections with leading players in Mobility sector and mobility experts
• A two year free UITP membership to connect globally
• Participation to the next UITP/Y4PT events after the pandemic
• A final video summarizing the Challenge and featuring the Winners
• Social Media visibility through UITP and Y4PT Channels
Y4PT/ UITP are seeking innovative start-ups at different stages
• Newly born start-ups
• Consolidated start-ups
who will demonstrate their commitment, creativity, and enthusiasm for sustainability in their application.
They will select the best ones per category after reception of your subscription. Maximum, 15 selected start-ups will participate to the final round of competition.
More information at: http://www.y4pt.org/projects/startup/