Sponsoring Agency: CDP Venture Capital Sgr Gruppo Cassa Depositi e Prestiti
Type of Fund: Accelerator, Incubation, Mentorship and/or Training
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/16/2021
Size of the Fund: USD $50,000 to $500,000
The Motor Valley Accelerator, the first Italian accelerator dedicated to the future of mobility and automotive, is launched.
The Motor Valley Accelerator is an initiative by CDP Venture Capital Sgr Gruppo Cassa Depositi e Prestiti with the support of:
• Plug and Play, the world largest Open Innovation platform, as accelerator and co-investor Plug and Play Tech Center
• CRIT, as technical management CRIT
• Fondazione di Modena and UniCredit, as co-investors Fondazione di Modena
The goal is connecting the best technology startups and the top automotive and mobility companies in the world to test their solutions and work together.
How they will give you wings
• 90.000€ investment between cash and 5 months acceleration services
• Improve your product, business model and learn the best strategies from top-notch mentors and speakers
• Present your product to top automotive and mobility companies in the world to get feedback and work together
• The best startups of the batch get the chance to receive a follow-on investment of up to 500.000€ at the end of the program
The program in a Nutshell
• Weekly Workshops
o Practical workshops in product development, growth, IP protection, as you’ll learn how to scale your business, get more funding and address key business challenges. The industry leaders will have the mic.
• Prove your value and get funded
o If selected, an initial small amount funding will allow your team to focus on the 5-month program. Additionally, up to 500.000 Euros are available as follow-on investment for the most promising companies.
• Office space
o As part of the program you will have access to free office space in Modena, a brand new open office space equipped with ultra-broadband internet and everything you need to be 24/7 focused on growing your business.
• International Network
o You will have the opportunity to connect with VCs, angel investors, successful entrepreneurs, and industry experts. Check locations. Attendance (virtual or physical, according to safety measures) to Startup Autobahn EXPO is part of the plan too: fasten your seatbelts!
• Partnership opportunities
o You'll have the chance to meet with our corporate partners to potentially develop a Proof of Concept and establish a relationship to strategically support the goals of the company and validate your product.
• A team you can count on
o As your early investors, team will always have your back, even after the program ends. Count on expertise to help you with connections, business strategies, etc.
What they are looking for
Startups will be evaluated by Plug and Play Italy and its international mobility-focused offices (Silicon Valley, Detroit, and Stuttgart), CRIT Research, CDP Venture Capital Sgr and a panel of industry experts.
• Startups incorporated in Italy, or willing to open a legal entity in Italy.
• A motivated team with relevant education and experience. A successful startup is not a part-time job!
• No fear to dream big: appetite for exponential growth.
• Technologies, products or services able to revolutionize the way people move around.
• Clear vision and ability to execute. They are looking for people able to turn a cool idea into a disruptive reality.
• Relevant projects in the mobility or automotive industry.
• A minimum Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of 3-4 is preferred for hardware projects.
• Products and services targeting large markets. Local can be a good start, global must be your target.
More information at: https://www.motorvalleyaccelerator.com/en/index.html