Sponsoring Agency: Indigenous Tourism BC
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/23/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Indigenous Tourism BC through a partnership with Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture, and Sport is delivering a $5 Million Dollar Fund through the BC Tourism Indigenous Recovery Fund. This fund will provide non-repayable grant contributions of up to $45,000 to Indigenous businesses in response to the economic impacts of COVID-19.
The program will provide recovery support to assist Indigenous businesses that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and the disruption of the 2020/21 tourism business.
This Fund is to assist Market-Ready Indigenous tourism businesses in BC who are experiencing business disruption and financial loss due to COVID-19. It is meant to provide support to bridge businesses towards implementation of a recovery plan.
Applicants will be required to share business and financial information on their business.
Applicants that received funding from the Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation’s – Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant will be eligible for an amount that would not exceed an aggregate total of $45,000.
Who Can Apply?
• Indigenous tourism businesses with at least 51% Indigenous ownership and is a BC resident.
• Majority share of the business is owned by one or more B.C. residents
• The business must offer Market-Ready Indigenous tourism products or experiences in BC.
• Note that during the COVID-19 pandemic, Stakeholder fees are waived.
• ITBC continues to be committed to growing and promoting a sustainable, culturally rich Indigenous tourism industry.ITBC recognizes the integral support required for all tourism business that are working diligently during this pandemic. ITBC encourages applicants to become a Stakeholders; however, becoming an ITBC Stakeholder is not a requirement to be eligible for funding.
Eligibility Recipient Criteria
• Eligible recipients are registered Indigenous Tourism BC Stakeholders who are Indigenous tourism businesses (51% owned or more indigenous-owned) offering market-ready Indigenous tourism products and experiences in BC.
• Due to COVID-19, Indigenous Tourism BC has waived all Stakeholder fees.
What Are the Criteria for Funding Levels?
• Indigenous Tourism British Columbia expects to receive a high volume of applications for this program. To ensure that as many Indigenous tourism businesses as possible receive recovery support, applicants may be approved for a lower amount than requested.
• The funding levels for approved eligible projects will be based on the following criteria: Requests will not exceed $45,000 per applicant/business.
• Approval amounts are limited to the need for funding that has been demonstrated by the eligible applicant/business.
o The business experienced revenue losses of at least 30% in 2020 when compared to same month(s) in 2019.
o The business identifies the number of employees it had between February 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
o The business identifies the number of employees it expects to maintain or create as a result of receiving the grant.
o The business provides a recovery plan (template is available and must be included in the application).
More information at: https://www.indigenousbc.com/corporate/covid-19/indigenous-tourism-recovery-fund/