Sponsoring Agency: Clare County Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 09/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Clare County Council is pleased to announce that the Outdoor Seating & Accessories for Tourism & Hospitality Business’ scheme is now open for 2021 online applications.
The purpose of this Scheme is to provide a level of financial support to tourism and hospitality businesses, in town centres, to purchase or upgrade equipment to provide additional outdoor seating and, therefore, increase their outdoor dining capacity for the summer of 2021. This scheme will financially assist and support independent tourism and hospitality business owners to create outdoor dining experiences in a regulated and accessible manner. Funding under the scheme is only available to existing businesses.
The scheme will provide of up to 75% of the ex-VAT cost of equipment purchased/installed with a maximum allowable contribution of up to €4,000 per applicant.
• The scheme is open to attractions, hotels, restaurants, cafes, public houses or other tourism and hospitality business establishments where food is sold for consumption on the premises.
• Commercial rates due in respect of premises have been paid for the period up to 31st December 2019 or a payment plan is in place with Clare County Council.
• All works should be compliant with Public regulations i.e. Planning Law, Fire Safety Requirements, Health & Safety Requirements and casual trading (if applicable). Written evidence should be supplied unless otherwise exempted.
• All projects must have evidence of adequate and comprehensive Public Liability insurance. The new area created must be updated to public liability insurance with an indemnity to Clare County Council. Clare County Council accepts no responsibility and concedes no liability in respect of any accident, injury, or damage to property or person however arising regarding any incident, occurrence or claim which may take place.
• This funding support from Clare County Council and Fáilte Ireland must be acknowledged in any publicity material produced regarding the Project, including the use of the Fáilte Ireland, Clare County Council and Visit Clare logos.
Items which are considered eligible for the scheme:
• Electric heaters
• Plant stands
• Wooden Platform
The tables and chairs or other furniture shall be of robust and stable construction to prevent movement in adverse weather conditions and be agreed with Clare County Council.
Screens/windbreakers must be agreed with Clare County Council and will be subject to the following conditions;
• Screens to be plain, coloured or neutral canvas type, not more than 1 metre high, spanning between or framed by simple metal type posts.
• Screens to be manufactured from flame/fire retardant material.
• Base plates or weighted bases to screening posts must not extend outside the licensed area.
• All screens, posts and bases must be demountable.
• Screens must be sufficiently robust to prevent overturning in adverse weather conditions.
• No advertising apart from the name of the premises to be used on the screens, without the permission of Clare County Council.
More information at: https://www.clarecoco.ie/services/community/grants/outdoor-seating-accessories-for-tourism-hospitality-business-scheme/