Sponsoring Agency: Meath County Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 09/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Outdoor Dining Enhancement Scheme will be delivered in partnership between Fáilte Ireland and Local Authorities across the country. The Scheme will provide funding for individual tourism and hospitality businesses to develop and increase their own outdoor seating capacity.
This Scheme is designed to enable individual tourism and hospitality businesses to increase their dining and seating capacity in the short-term and secondly to enable a long-term strategy for local authorities to develop appropriate permanent weatherproofed outdoor dining infrastructure.
The aim is to support jobs and businesses and to transform appropriate outdoor spaces while providing much needed assistance to those who have been impacted most heavily by recent Covid 19 closures.
This funding announcement further strengthens this Government’s and Meath County Council's commitment to the development of our towns and business as outlined in the ‘Our Rural Future’ plan.
The scheme will provide for up to 75% of the ex-VAT cost of equipment purchased/installed with a maximum allowable contribution of up to €4,000 per applicant.
Items are considered eligible for the scheme:
• Electric heaters
• Plant stands
• Wooden Platform
The tables and chairs or other furniture shall be of robust and stable construction to prevent movement in adverse weather conditions and be agreed with Meath County Council.
Screens/windbreakers must be agreed with Meath County Council and will be subject to the following conditions:
• Screens to be plain, coloured or neutral canvas type, not more than 1 metre high, spanning between or framed by simple metal type posts.
• Screens to be manufactured from flame/fire retardant material.
• Base plates or weighted bases to screening posts must not extend outside the licensed area.
• All screens, posts and bases must be demountable.
• Screens must be sufficiently robust to prevent overturning in adverse weather conditions.
• No advertising apart from the name of the premises to be used on the screens, without the permission of Meath County Council.
• The scheme is open to attractions, hotels, restaurants, cafes, public houses or other tourism and hospitality business establishments where food is sold for consumption on the premises.
• Those premises that have no commercial rates outstanding to Meath County Council or have a payment plan in place.
Expenditure must be incurred between the 01st of April 2020 and the 30th of September, 2021. Payments will be made by Meath County Council to approved applicants on submission of receipts and photography of the items in situ.
More information at: https://www.meath.ie/business/news/outdoor-dining-enhancement-scheme-fund