Sponsoring Agency: Longford County Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 09/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The new Outdoor Seating and Accessories for Tourism and Hospitality Business Scheme from Local Enterprise Offices, Longford, Longford County Council and Fáilte Ireland provides financial support to tourism and hospitality businesses to purchase or upgrade equipment for outdoor seating, increasing outdoor dining capacity.
The Scheme allows such businesses to rethink their outdoor spaces and create outdoor dining experiences, allow for greater use of such spaces and help towards business growth in our communities.
What is on Offer?
• Applicants can apply to the Longford Local Enterprise Office for a grant up to €4,000 (for up to 75% of the ex-VAT for cost of equipment purchased or installed).
• Successful applicants who received a grant under this scheme in 2020 can apply for the additional €2,000 (subject to the same conditions).
What Businesses Can Apply?
• Independent tourism and hospitality businesses (i.e. attractions, hotels, restaurants, cafés, public houses)
• Food must be sold for consumption on the premises
• Businesses already in operation
• Electric heaters
• Plant stands
• Wooden Platform
The tables and chairs or other furniture shall be of robust and stable construction to prevent movement in adverse weather conditions and be agreed with Longford County Council.
Screens/windbreakers must be agreed with Longford County Council and will be subject to the following conditions;
• Screens to be plain, coloured or neutral canvas type, not more than 1 metre high, spanning between or framed by simple metal type posts.
• Screens to be manufactured from flame/fire retardant material.
• Base plates or weighted bases to screening posts must not extend outside the licensed area.
• All screens, posts and bases must be demountable.
• Screens must be sufficiently robust to prevent overturning in adverse weather conditions.
• No advertising apart from the name of the premises to be used on the screens, without the permission of Longford County Council.
More information at: https://www.localenterprise.ie/Longford/Financial-Supports/Outdoor-Seating-and-Accessories-for-Tourism-and-Hospitality-Business-Scheme/