Sponsoring Agency: Washington Department of Agriculture (WSDA)
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/26/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Washington Department of Agriculture (WSDA) Relief and Recovery Grant will provide support grants to small agritourism farms. Many Washington farms and ranches offer agritourism experiences to visitors as part of their agricultural business success.
This grant serves the public purpose of bolstering the viability of the Washington State agricultural industry, helping prevent business closures, and hence supporting the health and diversity of Washington State’s economy.
The COVID-19 pandemic has deeply impacted tourism businesses of all types with necessary public health measures keeping people at home. Visitor spending in Washington was down 47% in 2020.
Grant Amount: Grant amount is $15,000.
To be eligible for this grant, an agritourism farm must:
• Be licensed to do business in Washington (identified by UBI or appropriate tribally-recognized business identifier).
• Be a farm, ranch, or agricultural business engaged in agricultural production that normally generates at least 15% of its gross annual farm income from agritourism activities
• Have experienced decreased revenue and/or additional costs incurred in 2020 (i.e. negative financial impact) due to loss of visitors resulting from the COVID-19 public health emergency.
• Attest that your farm or ranch’s gross annual revenue in calendar year 2019 was less than $5 million and your farm incurred expenses greater than $15,000 in either 2019 or 2020
• Have been in operation as a farm, ranch, or other agricultural business, including offering agritourism activities, prior to April 1, 2020.
• Be physically located in Washington State.
• Hold all necessary licenses and permits required to operate the agritourism activities offered.
• Be / Have been operating in compliance with all COVID-19-related orders issued by the Governor and in compliance with any COVID-19 health or safety measures applicable to the business
Application Information to have ready
• Tax Identification or Employer Identification Number (TIN/EIN)
• Unified Business Identifier (UBI #)
More information at: https://insight.livestories.com/s/v2/wsda-relief-and-recovery-grant-for-agritourism-farms-%7C-forward/14d83fa8-c811-424c-be6d-922177cd43fe