Sponsoring Agency: Startup India
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/10/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
In support of the Prime Minister’s Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) and the UN SDGs, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. (HUL) in association with Invest India, Startup India, and AGNIi have launched the Grand Water Saving Challenge.
Run by Toilet Board Coalition (TBC), the Challenge aims to address the need for an efficient flush system in public toilets to ensure optimum usage of water while ensuring a clean and hygienic toilet. The World Economic Forum’s Healthy Cities and Communities initiative which catalyzed this Innovation Challenge aims to improve people’s well-being holistically by enabling them to live longer and fuller lives in their local environments.
The Grand Water Saving Challenge is a national hackathon inviting Technologists, Inventors, and start-ups from the field of Water and Sanitation to participate. Winners of the challenge will receive a cash prize of Rs. 5 Lakh in addition to an opportunity to install and test the invention at a Suvidha centre, developed by HUL.
• Social Impact
• 1st Prize – Rs. 5,00,000;
• 2nd Prize – Rs. 2,50,000
• The challenge is open to Startups that are registered with DPIIT (Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade)
• The Challenge is also open to academic institutions that may not be registered as above.
• Employees of the Company, its Affiliates, distributors, appointed agency/entity holding the Challenge, their families and immediate relatives are not eligible to participate in the program.
• The Challenge is valid for Indian nationals residing in India who are eighteen years of age or above and who are not legally ineligible to participate for any reason whatsoever.
Procedure Post Submission
All startups entries will be judged by objective criteria, basis which 2 startups will be selected for the final awards.
More information at: https://www.startupindia.gov.in/content/sih/en/ams-application/challenge.html?applicationId=6050cc03e4b03f92cbc8c95e