Sponsoring Agency: Cherie Blair Foundation
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/23/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women’s flagship Mentoring Women in Business programme was born from the belief in the power of mentoring, a realisation of the role technology can play in building connections, and a view that community is a powerful force for change. By forging these elements together, we created a new way to support women entrepreneurs around the world to grow and strengthen their businesses and build their skills, confidence and knowledge.
The Mentoring Women in Business programme matches women entrepreneurs from low and middle income countries with professional mentors of any gender elsewhere in the world.
The women entrepreneurs work one-on-one with a dedicated business Mentor for one year, meeting online for two hours a month to work on personal and business goals. Mentees go on to achieve outstanding results, from revising business plans and strategies to launching products, gaining confidence, building skills, improving financial systems, growing networks and more! The pairs become invested in each other’s successes and combine their talents to make inimitable strides together.
The Mentoring Programme also provides a tremendous personal and professional growth opportunities for Mentors, who bring to the programme a wealth of expertise in multiple business fields.
The journey consists of four phases:
• Phase 1: building rapport, with pairs spending time getting to know each other, establishing trust, discussing and agreeing on the ground rules for your relationship.
• Phase 2: setting the direction of the mentoring relationship and setting goals. Pairs work together to clarify and set out SMART goals and objectives to achieve together, outlining an action plan and defining what success will look like for you.
• Phase 3: working through your action plan. Checking in regularly with each other, pairs work on the short and long term objectives that you established together.
• Phase 4: winding up your relationship as you come to the end of the programme. Pairs use your remaining time together to look back on what you’ve learned and achieved. You also plan for the end of the relationship, reviewing outstanding objectives and charting out next steps.
Requirements, Commitments and Expectations
Mentees must be:
• A woman from and living in a low or middle income country
• Running your own business (meaning at least 51% ownership or decision-making authority) or about to launch your own business in the next three months
• Proficient in English (at an intermediate level or above), both written and oral
• Nominated by one of local referral partners
• Able to commit to the programme for twelve months
• Able to access the internet and meet with their mentor online for a minimum of two hours a month
• Able to complete several feedback questionnaires by the stated deadline
• Willing to work with a mentor to build your business and personal development skills and confidence
Mentees are expected to…
• Meet online with your mentor for two hours minimum per month, for a year
• Be proactive in driving the mentoring relationship and setting its direction
• Undergo two to three hours of pre-matching training
• Complete interim and end-of-programme surveys
• Develop and submit goals to be worked on with your mentor
• Adhere to Code of Conduct
• A motivated, keen professional mentor, of any gender, with at least 7 years’ experience in business
• Bespoke, one-to-one, structured support and guidance from a professional, to help develop your skills and expertise and work towards your business and personal development goals
• A match that aligns with your professional skills and experience
• Training to ensure a productive and collaborative experience
• Proactive and engaged ongoing support from the Foundation team
• Access to a suite of online resources to help you develop your professional skills
• Access to a closed LinkedIn networking group
• An incredible, lasting, life-changing experience
More information at: https://cherieblairfoundation.org/programmes/mentoring/