Sponsoring Agency: Texas Woman’s University
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/14/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
If you are a female veteran in Texas who is starting or currently owns an existing business, you may qualify for the CWE's NEW Veteran Woman Entrepreneur Grant program.
The Center for Women Entrepreneurs at Texas Woman’s University is committed to helping women in Texas become successful business owners.
The purpose of this program is to foster greater economic development activity in Texas by encouraging and enabling veteran woman-owned small businesses to undertake new and innovative projects. A total of $250,000 is available for this round of funding.
$1,000 – 10,000 (in $1,000 increments)
Eligible businesses must satisfy all of the following conditions:
• Existing or to-be-formed veteran woman-owned business (at least 51% directly owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents). The business must be a for-profit corporation, partnership, LLP or LLC, or sole proprietorship. Not-for-profit corporations or similar nonprofit entities are not eligible.
• Honorably Discharged, General Discharge under honorable conditions, Active duty in a military transition assistance program (with approved discharge date), Reservist/National Guard.
• If the business or business owner owns the premises from which the business operates, all property taxes must be current.
• All sales, payroll, and other taxes must be current.
• Business must be located and operated within the state of Texas.
• Business owners/partners must not have any felonies or conviction of a crime of dishonesty or breach of trust.
• The business, business owner, and applicant must not be involved in any pending or current litigation.
• The business, business owner, and applicant are operating with all required permits and licenses and are conforming to all required laws.
* Applicants who are TWU faculty/staff (or any immediate family member of the applicant including spouse, child, parent), trustee, advisory committee member, or a student at TWU are not eligible to apply. Prior grant winners are also ineligible.
More information at: https://twu.edu/center-women-entrepreneurs/veteran-woman-grant/