Sponsoring Agency: Berytech
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/18/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Are you a team of innovators led by a woman and interested in solving challenges in the agri-food sector to empower women through digital technologies? Apply to the DigitalAg4Her Hackathon to receive technical and business support, work with fellow-innovators and get the chance to win services for a value equivalent to $4,000 to help you develop your idea.
Berytech, in collaboration with the World Bank Group’s Mashreq Gender Facility and Agriculture and Food Global Practice, is organizing the first edition of the DigitalAg4Her Hackathon aiming to crowdsource and support innovative ICT-based solutions through women led-initiatives, tailored to enhance women’s productivity in the agri-food sector in Lebanon.
Held online over ten consecutive days, the hackathon is an exciting opportunity for teams to develop their prototypes and agri-food solutions using technologies such as Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, etc. Professionals and experts from different backgrounds are given the opportunity to learn, experiment and build agri-food solutions that can lead them to create their own startups.
Through the online hackathon, teams will discover real challenges facing the agri-food sector across Lebanon, learn how to transform their idea into a valid business solution through intensive online workshops, prototype their solution, and then pitch it to a panel of judges.
Three winners will receive in-kind grants of $4,000 (e.g. advisory services, technical assistance, etc.), as well as 2-month incubation from Berytech with further technical and business assistance.
The 15-Day Schedule
• Phase 1: Pre-Hackathon | May 27-May 29
• Phase 2: Validation and Assessment |May 29- May 31
• Phase 3: Hackathon | 1-3 June
• Phase 4: Post-Hackathon | 4-5 June
• You are encouraged to apply if you are a young professional or students under 35 with the desire to bring transformational change in the agri-food sector and empower women. Preferred background: Agri-food specialists, engineers, scientists, makers, environmentalists, agronomists, innovators, entrepreneurs or young professionals interested in finding a digital solution to the agri-food sector,
• Your solution – an idea or within an early-stage startup, needs to fall under the agri-food sector, solve one of the pre-set challenges and should include a tech component (Software, hardware, IoT).
• You can apply with your own idea as long as it falls under one of the pre-set challenges. Your solution should include an innovative process, product or service with the capacity to enhance women’s productivity in the agri-food sector in Lebanon, by solving one of the pre-set challenges below.
• To participate you need to be a team of at least 2 people, preferably with different backgrounds, and have a woman leading the team. If you don’t have a team, no worries, you can still join us on the DigitalAg4her platform and find a team before applying.
• The online hackathon is open for teams residing in Lebanon only.
Only team applications will be evaluated for the selection of the 20 teams that will join the Hackathon. Your team needs to have:
• Two or more team members
• A woman leading the team
• An involved team interested to find a digital solution to the agri-food sector
• The solution needs to be at the idea stage, under development, or with an existing prototype
More information at: https://berytech.org/events/digitalag4her-hackathon/