Sponsoring Agency: Kingston Economic Development
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/19/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Kingston Economic Development is seeking applications for its Hire Yourself program to support women entrepreneurs in Kingston and the surrounding region. The programs are part of the Queen’s University WE-CAN women entrepreneurship strategy funded through FedDev Ontario.
The programs are focused on supporting new business, business growth and creating a community that will encourage ongoing skill development.
The goal of the Hire Yourself program is to bring like-minded women together who have diverse international skills and want to learn how to open a business in Canada. This program will provide a personalized and fun, two-week orientation available to women new to Canada less than 10 years who are interested in starting a business in Kingston and the surrounding area. The purpose of the program is to support women new to Canada in starting their own business, learning to become an entrepreneur, and supporting each other in the launch of their business. The two-week in-person program will be delivered twice a year by Chéla Breckon, founder of With Chéla Inc. in partnership with Kingston Economic Development.
During the Hire Yourself Program, you can expect to learn about:
• Your skills, talents and motivation to learn about business
• Choosing or refining a business idea that has market value
• Understanding how to plan for starting or growing the business
• Common business terms and concepts for running a business
• How to market your business online and in the community
• How to pitch yourself to customers and business associates
• Government reporting rules for owners and employers
• Ownership and company structures
• How to refine and build the most valuable offer for your customers
• Which resources are available to you to start or grow your business for financing and learning
They also offer tailored one-on-one coaching after the two week program to ensure you have the tools to make the next steps.
More information at: https://www.kingstonecdev.com/we-can