Sponsoring Agency: Impact Hub Vienna
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Applications are now open for the 2021 Social Impact Award, The aim of the competition was to create a competition for student social entrepreneurs, which not only distinguishes them, but supports them in their first steps.
The Social Impact Award (SIA) was launched in 2009 as a competition for student social entrepreneurs in Austria. 12 years, 25 countries on three continents and thousands of workshops later, it can be said that a lot has happened!
SIA is now Europe's largest community of early-stage social entrepreneurs with the aim of actively promoting social innovations. The focus is not only on the award, but above all on supporting the young entrepreneurs in all phases from the rough ideas to the actual development of a social business.
The 10 finalist projects will receive:
• Professional support through the incubation program of the Social Impact Award Germany from July to September
• Support in four areas worth over € 20,000:
o Priorities: Mentoring, access to the “Experts for Change” pool of experts and your own incubation platform will take your project to the next level.
o Cohort: Learning from one another and exchanging experiences is an essential part of the incubation, especially in two seminars.
o Outreach: All teams take part in the global community voting and can thus generate momentum for their project.
o Add-ons: Possibility of membership in an Impact Hub in Germany
• Production of a short project video
From the 10 finalists, 5 winning SIA 2021 projects will be selected. The winning projects will receive:
• 4 jury awards: up to € 1,500
• 1 Community Award: up to € 1,500
• Free participation in the SIA Summit with all SIA winning projects 2021 from all countries in which the Social Impact Award is active (participation is required, at least 1 participant per team)
Conditions of Participation
Participation in the Social Impact Award 2021 is subject to the following conditions:
• All core team members must be born between January 1, 1991 and December 31, 2006;
• The applicant has / have not participated in the SIA incubation or won the SIA in previous years with the same idea;
• The ideas submitted in previous years, with the exception of previous finalists or winning projects can be submitted again in 2021.
• Individuals / teams can apply with new ideas, even if they were selected as finalists or winners in previous years.
• The project was not legally established before January 1, 2020.
• Before the submission date, the idea did not receive any formalized monetary support from an external party in excess of € 3,000 (e.g. angel investment, scholarships, prize money, etc.).
• All formal criteria of the submission platform must be met for an evaluation of the project.
More information at: https://germany.socialimpactaward.net/einreichen/