Sponsoring Agency: Impact Hub Vienna
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
You can submit your social or ecological project idea and thus get the chance of a paid internship on your own project. The submission phase for the Social Impact Award 2021 is now open.
The Social Impact Award (SIA) was presented in 2009 by Peter Vandor and the Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (E&I) at the Vienna University of Economics and Business. The aim of the competition was to create a competition for student social entrepreneurs in Austria, which not only distinguishes them, but supports them in their first steps.
The 10 finalist projects will receive:
• Professional support through the incubation program of the Social Impact Award Austria from July to September
• Production of a short project video
From the 10 finalists, 5 winning SIA 2021 projects will be selected. The winning projects will receive:
• 4 jury awards: up to € 3,000
• 1 Community Award: up to € 2,000
• Free participation in the SIA Summit with all SIA winning projects 2021 from all countries in which the Social Impact Award is active (participation is required, at least 1 participant per team)
• Access to the SIA Alumni Network, through which all winners of the Social Impact Awards Austria have been offered different opportunities and contacts since 2009
Conditions of Participation
Participation in the Social Impact Award 2021 is subject to the following conditions:
• All members of the core team must be born between January 1st, 1991 and December 31st, 2006 (corresponds to the EU definition of youth: between 14 and 30 years of age).
• Both ideas that have not yet been implemented and ideas in the early phase of implementation are eligible to participate. Implemented ideas can only be submitted if the project was founded after January 1st, 2020.
• Participating projects must not have received significant formal start-up funding when they were submitted. These are formal grants from external sources that exceed a value of € 6,000. (e.g. angel investment, grants, prize money, etc.).
• The submitter has neither participated in the SIA incubation with the same idea nor won the SIA in previous years.
• All formal criteria of the submission platform must be met for an evaluation of the project.
• In addition, it is of course important that you have time for the incubation phase in the summer months from July to September to continue working on your project.
More information at: https://austria.socialimpactaward.net/einreichen/kriterien/