Sponsoring Agency: HUKI (Croatian Office for Creativity and Innovation)
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/22/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Applications are now open for the 2021 Social Impact Award (SIA) program to create a community of young people who turn their intentions into action. They support them in the development of social enterprises that face the most challenging problems of today.
The project is designed as a series of events and workshops aimed at spreading awareness of social entrepreneurship, teaching the skills necessary to realize ideas for students and young people! The Social Impact Award program enables the best teams to realize entrepreneurial ventures, providing access to various networks of peers and professionals on the path to success.
The program offers everything participants a free series of workshops through which they are supported to develop ideas and acquire new ones knowledge, as well as the opportunity to get to know the local community of social entrepreneurs. Social Impact Award addresses young social innovators who want to solve social or environmental problems in an innovative way of launching projects, initiatives and organizations. Ideas can be developed in different areas such as poverty reduction, health, education, environment, energy, information and communication technologies, human rights, equal opportunities and in many other areas.
10 teams enter the finals and win: a three-month incubation, during which you can try out the idea.
• Professional incubation program from July to September 2021
• Mentoring support
• Workshops and webinars
Out of 10 finalists, 3 ideas selected by the jury will be awarded with € 1,000 initial capital, free participation in the international conference SIA Summit 2021 and mentoring support. Additionally, one award is given by the audience through online community voting, and the award involves participation in an international conference and mentoring support.
• All members of the main team must be born between January 1, 1990 and December 31, 2005;
• Participants who have not yet participated in an SIA incubation or won an SIA with by the same idea;
• The idea was not launched before January 1, 2019;
• The idea did not receive external financial support in excess of € 2,000 (investment business angels, prize fund);
• At least one team member lives in the country where he / she is applying for the Social Impact Award.
More information at: https://croatia.socialimpactaward.net/inkubacija/